Hi all! Sorry I haven’t posted this week, I’ve been very busy with school work. Hopefully, now it’s the holiday I can focus more on my blog and getting up posts!
As today is the 30th of March, this month is very nearly over and I’ve already seen many favourite’s posts being published up on other blogs. They’re always the type of posts that I have a flick through as I love getting all the news on what everyone’s loving and recommending this month. Without further adieu, here’s my two pence:
Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge
- The Beauty Blender is definitely one of the most talked about tools in cosmetics, so why is it that I didn’t have one? The price point. At £16 for what appears to be a colourful sponge, it seemed pretty steep for me. After hearing rave reviews from so many people, including Anna from Vivanna Does Makeup (who I would trust for any beauty advice), I knew the Miracle Complexion Sponge would make for a fab alternative. Boy, did it live up to expectations! I can’t really compare it to other blender sponges since, frankly, I’ve only tried the cheap multi-packs from Superdrug, but I can tell you that I am completely converted to applying my foundation and concealer with this. It truly gives a flawless finish. Having quite dry skin, I often suffer with slightly clinging foundation, but, with this, not a chance. I only ever use this damp as I feel it definitely works better for me that way, and I love the sheerness it gives to base products as I prefer a very light coverage. Forgive me for being melodramatic, but this will change your life. (Or maybe just how you make-up applies and looks…but isn’t that the same thing?!)
- I actually bought my sponge for around £5.50 off Amazon, but it appears that it’s gone up in price to £10.49, though I’d still say it’s worth it. However, you can still pick it up in Boots and Superdrug for just under the £6 mark.
Dusty Girls Natural Mineral Blush in Pink Ladies
- I’m going to be such a tease now by putting this product in, but it is genuinely because it has been my favourite blusher to use this month. However, I’m not going to go into detail because a full review will be going up within the next two weeks. To sum up, it gives a gorgeous, fresh, natural flush of pink to the cheeks and I am obsessed.
- This product comes in at £15 and I’ll give you some more deets about where to get it in Wednesday’s post.
Real Techniques Setting Brush
- If you’ve read my first post ever on Mimi’s Beauty, I chat about the Real Techniques Sam’s Picks collection. Here’s the link to the post about it that took me hours and hours to write! In that post, I wasn’t all that crazy for the setting brush. In actual fact, I said ‘Sorry setting brush, I will find a use for you one day!’ And, rather excitingly, that day has come! This month I’ve been loving using this beautifully soft, tapered brush to set the concealer under my eye. Perhaps the reason I hadn’t got so much use out of it before was because it’s only recently that I’ve become religious with my under eye concealing and all because I picked up the Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer.
- You can buy this brush alone on Amazon for £5.12, but you can still pick it up in the Sam’s Picks set like I did.
Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer in 010 Ivory
- Well, if I hadn’t stuck with my layout of my favourite posts, there would have been a superbly smooth link there leading me onto my next favourite. However, I didn’t quite pull it off because of my price bullet point, but creds to me anyway I think?! I picked this product up earlier this month and I’ve really been enjoying using it. It’s a nice, relatively light coverage that works well to cover any dark circles. I do use it on blemishes, but I wouldn’t say it would mask them for you. I like it just to make them appear less obvious and blend into my skin a little more, but it definitely doesn’t cover them. One issue people might find with this concealer is the lack of colour range. With only 3 fair(ish) skin shades, there’s no suitable shade for anyone with darker skin.
- This is a very affordable product at just £5.99 and can easily be picked up in any drugstore.
L’Oreal Colour Riche in J-Lo’s Nude
- Again, this is another product that I’ve written about previously (here’s the link to that post), so I won’t say too much. I’ve used up so much of this lipstick in March as it’s such a fab one for quick and easy on-the-go application. It’s definitely one of my all-time favourites in terms of texture and, if it’s not weird to choose a lipstick because of this, smell. I cannot get enough of the scent of L’Oreal lip products. It’s not sweet, floral or flavoured, but it’s a classic lipstick scent and I love it.
- You can grab this, and any of the others from the Colour Riche nude collection, for £6.99.
I hope you all enjoyed today’s post. Sorry this hasn’t gone up on Sunday like the normal 5MF posts. If you follow me on twitter (@beautyandmi) you will know that I hosted the #Pabchat on Sunday and it clashed with my regular upload time. For anyone that joined the chat, I hope you enjoyed my questions and all the discussion! For anyone that didn’t, or doesn’t know that it is, check out @PickABlogger on Twitter or get involved on Sundays 5-6pm with the hashtag #pabchat!